Does your organization have a monitoring and evaluation strategy in place? Want to know more about the M&E practices of others in the WASH sector? Eager to share the M&E challenges you’ve faced and lessons you’ve learned along the way?
Building on the energy of World Water Day activities, WASHfunders.org (@WASHfunders) and Tools and Resources for Assessing Social Impact (TRASI), both projects of the Foundation Center, invite you to join us for a Twitter chat to talk M&E.
Twitter Chat Details
Date/Time: Tuesday, March 27th (12 – 1PM EDT)
Confirmed participants: a child’s right (@achildsright); CARE (@brookskeene; @CARE); charity: water (@charitywater); WASH Advocates (@WASH4life); Water and Sanitation Program at the World Bank (@WSPWorldBank); and others
Questions will include the following:
- What’s the #1 most important indicator to track? Why?
- Do you involve beneficiaries in M&E? If so, how? If not, why not?
- Has your organization changed its practices based on M&E findings? How?
- It’s not always realistic to find impacts upon completing a program. How does that fit into your M&E strategy?
- Name your favorite WASH rockstars/resources that are creating sustainable solutions
To participate, you'll need a Twitter account. You may also opt to participate using TweetChat, a handy application specifically designed for twitter chats. It feels like an actual chat room and you don’t have to enter the hashtag every time you send a tweet. To sign in, use your twitter login, and then enter WASHeval (without #) into the search field.
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Hope to see you in the Twittersphere!